1. We call for all parties to accept the unanimous decision of the Federal Court in the recent case with an open heart and move forward to focusing on strengthening our harmonious co-existence in this beautiful state.
2. Islam is a religion of peace that teaches civility and thus we do not condone nor approve any mischievous actions towards anyone. Thus we praise the noble actions by fellow Sarawakians who stood by each other during the congregation at the Court last Tuesday.
3. As Islam promotes the spirit of brotherhood it is also the right of every citizen to attend and show solidarity in issues concerning them in line with *Article 10 of the Federal Constitution*. We praise all Muslim attendees for showing the brotherhood spirit and solidarity in peace at the court and we call for this to be translated by being exemplary Muslims protecting the dignity of Islam in Sarawak.
4. We should not allow our peaceful and harmonious community being threatened by unwarranted provocations arising from immature actions and statements. Thus, in good faith we urge the authorities to enforce the law and take stern actions against those who commit hate crimes without fear or favor.
5. We call all Sarawakians to step up efforts to educate ourselves by cultivating love and respect towards each other irrespective of our faiths, ethnicity or cultural traditions to safeguard the Sarawakian unity in diversity.
6. We call for all mainstream and alternative media to promote peace and harmony for the betterment of our State rather than upsetting the stability of Sarawakian peace loving community.
7. We also call for political personnel and organizations not to politicize this issue along religious and racial sentiments for political gains. We ask them to refrain from making political stunt or prejudicial actions and comments on the issue that could jeopardize our unity and harmonious co-existence.
8. We wish to highlight the importance of respecting the law enshrined in *Article 11 (4) of the Federal Constitution* whereby no actions of propagating other religious doctrine or beliefs among Muslims can be done. Thus, we also call for Muslims to continuously equip ourselves with Islamic knowledge and strengthen our family institutions.
9. In light of the Federal Court’s decision in the case, we urge the Islamic institutions in Sarawak to take progressive actions in the best interest of Islam and everyone concern.
10. We, the Muslim NGOs in Sarawak uphold the belief that by working together irrespective of our faiths, ethnicity or cultural background, we could propel Sarawak to greater heights.
*This statement is jointly signed by the Muslim NGOs as follows;*
1. Harakah Islamiah (HIKMAH)
2. Ikatan Muslimin Malaysia (ISMA) Sarawak
3. Halaqah Kemajuan Muslim Sarawak (HIKAM)
4. Yayasan Amal Malaysia Cawangan Sarawak
5. Angkatan Belia Islam Malaysia (ABIM) Cawangan Sarawak
6. Urusetia Saudara Kita (USK)
7. Majlis Perundingan Pertubuhan Islam Malaysia (MAPIM) Sarawak
8. Persatuan Rannuhabban Akhi Ukhti (PRAU)
9. Ikatan Graduan Melayu Sarawak (IGMS)
10. Persatuan Belia Islam Nasional (PEMBINA) Sarawak
11. Pertubuhan Kebajikan Saudara Kita Sarawak
12. Ikatan Pengamal Perubatan dan Kesihatan Muslim Malaysia (I-Medik Sarawak)
13. Pertubuhan Darul Hana Sarawak (PERDANA)
14. Malaysian Chinese Muslim Association, Sarawak Branch (MACMA)
15. Persatuan Kebajikan Islam Sarawak (PERKIS)
16. Hidayah Centre Sarawak
17. Pertubuhan Ikram Malaysia, Negeri Sarawak (IKRAM)
18. Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ukhuwwah Saudara Kita Kuching Samarahan ( PKUSKKS )
19. Persatuan Iban Muslim (PIM)
20. Pertubuhan Komuniti Harmoni Sarawak (HARMONIS)
21. Persatuan Melayu Miri
22. Persatuan Dayak Muslim Kebangsaan
23. Sukarelawan Al-Falah YADIM Sarawak
24. Persatuan Kebajikan Pelajar Islam Sarawak (PERKEPIS)
25. Sahabat YADIM Sarawak
26. PERKIM Bahagian Sarawak